Monday, June 6, 2016

1st look at game! (Early Pre-Alpha Footage)

I'm excited to show you guys the progress I've made with the Yugioh game so far. The game is really rough at this point and all it does is display your hand holographically and lets you summon some monsters. There's still a lot of work to do on the basic game mechanics and I'm going to look into reaching out to the developers of DevPro and YGOPro to see if they'd like to help out in creating this holographic version of YuGiOh. In the meantime, enjoy the video and stay tuned cause there's a lot more coming!


If anyone is a software developer or 3D modeler and would like to help, let me know! I could use all the help I can get. If you'd also like to donate money to help support the project, anything would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Have you gotten permission to use their IP? I would not go too far until you do. I have seen way to many projects where a small developer has spent months on a project only to be shut down by a the IP owner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, tbh, I'm hoping they'll let it slide like they have DevPro or YGOPro. The 3D models are all new assets too, not created by Konami. It's kind of a grey area though.

      Delete
  2. you should combine this with nfc reader duel disks as a i/o . you can put a nfc card or sticker on a card sleeve and use your real deck with a nfc read to display cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my thought too! Totally awesome

      Delete
  3. Use what 3D modeling software?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a software dev and would love to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lets make this open source on github mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to do that eventually. But I'd like to get some more things done first before I release it.

      Delete
  7. I could help with 3D models if you'd like. You can contact me on billersmail@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing. Do you have plans to animate the models?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having yugioh in AR looks amazing but would you ever consider it for VR like the Oculus rift or HTC Vive?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very, very good!!!

    Parabéns pelo trabalho! Fantástico!!!
    Sou brasileiro e sou um admirador deste maravilhoso jogo de cartas. Yu-Gi-Oh ou como gosto de chamar "Duel Monster" é um jogo extraordinário e deve seguir para as próximas gerações. Este jogo não pode morrer!!! Em breve e se der tudo certo p'ra mim irei fazer minha contribuição nem que seja apenas com valores monetários.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's my childhood dream ! THX ;) It's a realy good job ^^

    ReplyDelete